How to play Calico on Mac
Calico is a low stress day-in-the-life community-sim where you move to a town of magical girls and are given a harrowing yet adorable task; Make the town’s cat café active and full of cuddly creatures again! You will journey to a small village of Magical Girls and other fantastical friends to fix up the cat cafe, as well as fill it with furniture, decorations, yummy pastries and most importantly CATS!
- Explore the village to find cats and other animals, including raccoons, deer, dogs, turtles, red pandas, foxes, and many, many more cuties!
- Interact with cats and other animals by petting and playing, all animals are interactive!
- Run your café by filling it with animals, furniture and yummy café eats!
- Use magic potions to change your animals and environment
- Get involved in a town community of magical girls, witches and other townspeople who you can help and befriend!
First released: Dec 2020
Play Calico on Mac with Parallels (virtualized)
The easiest way to play Calico on a Mac is through Parallels, which allows you to virtualize a Windows machine on Macs. The setup is very easy and it works for Apple Silicon Macs as well as for older Intel-based Macs.
Parallels supports the latest version of DirectX and OpenGL, allowing you to play the latest PC games on any Mac. The latest version of DirectX is up to 20% faster.
Our favorite feature of Parallels Desktop is that when you turn off your virtual machine, all the unused disk space gets returned to your main OS, thus minimizing resource waste (which used to be a problem with virtualization).
Calico installation steps for Mac
Go to Parallels.com
and download the latest version of the software.
Follow the installation process and make sure you allow Parallels in your Mac’s security preferences (it will prompt you to do so).
When prompted, download and install Windows 10. The download is around 5.7GB. Make sure you give it all the permissions that it asks for.
Once Windows is done installing, you are ready to go. All that’s left to do is install Calico like you would on any PC.
Did it work?
Help us improve our guide by letting us know if it worked for you.